On supporting the vital role of trusted journalism in a world on fire
On Wednesday, 20 May, JFF will join a webinar On supporting the vital role of trusted journalism in a world on fire organised by the Adessium Foundation and Civitates for members of the Ariadne Network.
The Covid-19 crisis has made the need to support independent, public interest journalism in Europe even greater than before. While providing essential services in a time of immense uncertainty, public interest journalism is having a hard time surviving the crisis and more funds are clearly needed.
The speakers will share their lessons learned and explain why there is a need for more funders to enter the journalism field. The panelists will share practical tools for newbies in this field and explain how even non-journalism funders can make a difference in this field.
The speakers you'll hear from are:
- Merel Borger, Programme Manager at Adessium Foundation
- Julia Dobrokhotova, Programme Officer at Oak Foundation
- Maribel Königer, Director Communications, Media and Journalism at Erste Stiftung
- Mira Milosevic, Executive Director of the Global Forum for Media Development
- Léonie van Tongeren, Fund Manager of Civitates
- Biba Klomp, Project Manager of the Journalism Funders Forum
The webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, 20 May at 15:00 CEST.